Friday, 12 November 2010

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Just a quickie from me, as I still have lots to do today, with visitors arriving this evening. I have to really force myself to get started on long overdue tasks (some of them around the house) but once I get going, I really get into it. That has always been my problem - getting started. I can procrastinate for England. I am an Olympic Gold Medal standard procrastinator, even though I know that eventually I have to get on with doing whatever it is I am putting off.

I wouldn't have cleaned my house as thoroughly if I weren't having visitors. I need that shove.

I could compare my lack of enthusiasm for really getting started to my efforts at losing weight I suppose. I have been dipping my toes in and out of the water, rather than jumping in, becoming submerged and enjoying the swim. I am on the edge, a safe place where I can easily go off plan if I feel like it, because I am not fully committed.

I tell myself the sooner I start in earnest to tackle this problem, the quicker the problem will go away.

I have to commit. Long term. Every day. That's the hard part.

I tell myself (once again!) that yes, I WILL do this. To be honest, I haven't been too bad. I am not a binge eater, but I have made some silly food choices - quite consciously. I am not practicing much restraint and I am eating more than I should. (between 1700-1900 cals.) I think I probably have to go down to 1300 calories per day to make a noticeable difference. I am maintaining wonderfully, but I don't want to maintain this obese frame!:)

Anyway, since I last registered my weight I have lost 5lbs. I am not getting too excited...it's been a few weeks since I jumped on the scale, so it's not as good as it sounds! I put weight loss down to more activity, including frenzied house-work over the last few days! :)

Right - back to the grind-stone. Things to do..carpets to vacuum. I'll do it to music to make it more enjoyable and I'll exaggerate my movements.

I hope you are into a weight-loss routine and commit to it every day. It sounds like a simple thing to do, but it isn't is it?

There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either in or out. There's no such thing as a life in-between. ~ Pat Riley

I am hoping practice will make perfect, coupled with commitment. It's time to jump in, and to keep going. Actions speak louder than words.

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter how long it took you or what you did to lose it...YOU (not me) LOST 5 POUNDS..I'm jumping up and down (it's good exercise) for you!
    I agree with you on commitment..I can commit for a few days but I need to commit for the long term...something inside me keeps me from doing it...not sure what it is..I guess I haven't hit bottom yet (not that I want to) or had a "break through" moment...I'm like you, hoping that practice (this week) will get me committed (and not to the looney bin)..
    Enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FG: Way to go! You are making progress, whether you will admit it or not. I think getting back up on the old nag and trotting down the path, no matter how many times you fall off, is the key.

    Have fun with your guests. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon, give yourself a break! You've been doing some things right! BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five pounds is terrific! Enjy your company!

    ReplyDelete